Using OpenMP: Portable Shared Memory Parallel Programming by Ruud van der Pas, Gabriele Jost, Barbara Chapman (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI hope that readers will learn to use the full expressibility and power of OpenMP. This book should provide an excellent introduction to beginners, and the performance section should help those with some experience who want to push OpenMP to its limits. -- from the foreword by David J. Kuck, Intel Fellow, Software and Solutions Group, and Director, Parallel and Distributed Solutions, Intel Corporation OpenMP, a portable programming interface for shared memory parallel computers, was adopted as an informal standard in 1997 by computer scientists who wanted a unified model on which to base programs for shared memory systems. OpenMP is w used by many software developers; it offers significant advantages over both hand-threading and MPI. Using OpenMP offers a comprehensive introduction to parallel programming concepts and a detailed overview of OpenMP. Using OpenMP discusses hardware developments, describes where OpenMP is applicable, and compares OpenMP to other programming interfaces for shared and distributed memory parallel architectures. It introduces the individual features of OpenMP, provides many source code examples that demonstrate the use and functionality of the language constructs, and offers tips on writing an efficient OpenMP program. It describes how to use OpenMP in full-scale applications to achieve high performance on large-scale architectures, discussing several case studies in detail, and offers in-depth troubleshooting advice. It explains how OpenMP is translated into explicitly multithreaded code, providing a valuable behind-the-scenes account of OpenMP program performance. Finally, Using OpenMP considers trends likely to influence OpenMP development, offering a glimpse of the possibilities of a future OpenMP 3.0 from the vantage point of the current OpenMP 2.5. With multicore computer use increasing, the need for a comprehensive introduction and overview of the standard interface is clear. Using OpenMP provides an essential reference t only for students at both undergraduate and graduate levels but also for professionals who intend to parallelize existing codes or develop new parallel programs for shared memory computer architectures.
- Author BiographyBarbara Chapman is Professor of Computer Science at the University of Houston. Gabriele Jost is Principal Member of Technical Staff, Application Server Performance Engineering, at Oracle, Inc. Ruud van der Pas is Senior Staff Engineer at Sun Microsystems, Menlo Park.
- Author(s)Barbara Chapman,Gabriele Jost,Ruud van der Pas
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleScientific and Engineering Computation
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteillus.
- Weight681 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byDavid J. Kuck
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.