All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo help your students learn a world language, don't forget the power of reading! In this practical book from Donna Spangler and John Alex Mazzante, you'll gain a variety of strategies and activities that you can use to teach students to read in a world language, boosting their comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency. Perfect for any age or proficiency level, these classroom-ready activities can easily be adapted to suit your needs! Special features: * A discussion of the challenges to teaching reading in the world language classroom * A variety of adaptable pre-reading, during-reading, and post-reading strategies and activities for students across grade levels and languages * Essential tips for cultivating vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension * Reader's Theater - a special chapter of strategies for implementing this exciting technique * A list of helpful websites and apps for world language teachers * Useful appendices, including reproducible material for your classroom Busy world language teachers will love this book's numerous classroom examples, ready-to-use templates, and free online reading sources. Bonus: The book includes eResources that are free to adapt and print for classroom use from our website, http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138853515.
- Author BiographyDonna Spangler has taught Spanish and French at the middle school level for over 26 years. A former chair of the Derry Township School District Induction Committee, she holds an educational doctorate in Teacher Leadership from Walden University. In 2011, she was named the Pennsylvania State Modern Language Association Educator of the Year. John Alex Mazzante teaches Spanish at the high school and middle school levels. He holds a bachelor of arts from Lycoming College with a major in Spanish. He has attended Tandem Escuela Internacional of Madrid, Spain and has completed translation work for local companies.
- Author(s)Donna Spangler,John Alex Mazzante
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white tables
- Weight362 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.