All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, designed for students who have already developed a basic competence in Russian, aims to broaden and improve their vocabulary by providing detailed information on groups of Russian words with related meanings. It is invaluable as a guide to finding the right word for the context. In order to enhance understanding of the structure of the Russian vocabulary, groups of synyms are organised under Russian (rather than English) headwords. All entries are accompanied by examples of usage and English glosses and there are two indexes allowing users quickly to locate words in Russian or English. The book takes full account of register variation, indicating the degree of formal or informal use. It is an essential reference for college students and undergraduates as well as teachers and other professional linguists seeking access to the finer nuances of the Russian language.
- Author BiographyTerence Wade is Emeritus Professor in Russian Studies and Research Fellow at the University of Strathclyde. His publications include A Comprehensive Russian Grammar (second edition, 2000), A Russian Grammar Workbook (1996), A Russian Etymological Dictionary (1996), The Russian Language Today (with L. Ryazanova-Clarke, 1999), and Oxford Russian Grammar and Verbs (2002). Nijole White is Lecturer in Russian Studies at the Department of Modern Languages, University of Strathclyde. She has compiled the readers Russia Today (with T. Wade, 1985), Gorbachev's Russia (1989), Time of Change (1992) and The New Russia (2000).
- Author(s)Nijole White,Terence Wade
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2004
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight1084 g
- Width169 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.