All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt has never been easier or more fun for students to compose, improvise, arrange, and produce music and music-related projects than with today's techlogy. Written in a practical, accessible manner, Using Techlogy to Unlock Musical Creativity offers both a framework for and practical tips on the techlogy tools best suited for encouraging students' authentic musical creativity. Author Scott Watson makes a compelling case for creativity-based music learning through eight teacher-tested principles that access, nurture, and develop students' potential for musical expression. Example after example illustrates each principle in a variety of music teaching and techlogy scenarios. Watson also includes practical ideas for techlogy-based creative music activities, locating lesson plans and other resources, and assessing creative work. The book provides detailed plans for dozens of attractive projects, each linked to MENC National Standards, and also offers suggestions for making adaptations according to grade level and techlogy proficiency. Additionally, it includes a valuable section of resources with tips for setting up a computer music workstation, a plain-language description of how digital audio works, and a music education techlogy glossary. Most of the activities described can be carried out by vice users with free or low-cost music applications. The book also features a comprehensive companion website with dozens of audio and video examples as well as many downloadable worksheets, rubrics, and activity files. Visit the companion website at www.oup.com/us/musicalcreativity.
- Author BiographyScott Watson is a veteran music teacher, a frequently published and commissioned composer, and a highly regarded music education technology specialist. In addition to 25 years of experience in teaching K-12 instrumental and classroom music in the Parkland School District (Allentown, Pennsylvania), Watson serves as adjunct instructor at Villanova, Philadelphia Biblical, and Central Connecticut State Universities and has delivered numerous workshops and clinics to in-service music teachers.
- Author(s)Scott Watson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteover 60 illustrations
- Weight822 g
- Width217 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.