All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy focusing on active ways to help 5 to 14 year olds improve their thinking and learning skills in science, this book provides teachers with inspiration and ideas for ways to teach creative, enjoyable and interesting science lessons. Linked to up-to-date research in brain-based learning, the author gives practical advice on topics including: o ways to motivate pupils o developing pupils' skills of detection o the importance of using movement to promote learning o improving pupils' language skills and understanding of scientific vocabulary o suggestions for different ways learners can record in science o effective strategies for assessing learning in science o ideas to promote creativity o the importance of using ICT to support and promote learning. This book is an inspirational read for teachers, student teachers and teaching assistants, and anyone interested in science and how children learn. Helen Ward is Senior Lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University, Programme Director for the Modular PGCE at Christ Church and also an independent education consultant and active member of the Association for Science Education (ASE).
- Author BiographyHellen Ward is actively involved in science education, working as a Principal lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University and with teachers in a number of Local Authorities. Hellen has written several books and a number of other publications, and has developed teaching resources and teaching materials to support the teaching and learning of science. She has also contributed to science television programmes, website and teaching resources for the BBC Hellen is faculty Director for STEM at Christ Church and is also an independent education consultant. Hellen is an active member of the Association for Science Education (ASE). and a regular contributor to both national and regional conferences. She is also a member of the Association for Achievement and Improvement through Assessment (AIAA) and has published materials on assessment. Hellen is a hub leader for the Primary Science Quality Mark working with teachers across the kent and Medway region.
- Author(s)Hellen Ward
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.