Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWith the encroachment of the Internet into nearly all aspects of work and life, it seems as though information is everywhere. However, there is information and then there is correct, appropriate, and timely information. While we might love being able to turn to Wikipedia(R) for encyclopedia-like information or search Google(R) for the thousands of links on a topic, engineers need the best information, information that is evaluated, up-to-date, and complete. Accurate, vetted information is necessary when building new skyscrapers or developing new prosthetics for returning military veterans While the award-winning first edition of Using the Engineering Literature used a roadmap analogy, we w need a three-dimensional analysis reflecting the complex and dynamic nature of research in the information age. Using the Engineering Literature, Second Edition provides a guide to the wide range of resources available in all fields of engineering. This second edition has been thoroughly revised and features new sections on natechlogy as well as green engineering. The information age has greatly impacted the way engineers find information. Engineers have an effect, directly and indirectly, on almost all aspects of our lives, and it is vital that they find the right information at the right time to create better products and processes. Comprehensive and up to date, with expert chapter authors, this book fills a gap in the literature, providing critical information in a user-friendly format.
- Author BiographyBonnie A. Osif has been engineering reference and instruction librarian in the Engineering Library at the Penn State University since 1991. Prior to that she was a physical sciences librarian at Penn State and managed the biology library at Temple University. She holds a BS in biology from Penn State, an MS in information science from Drexel, and an EdD in science education from Temple University. She was co-recipient of the SLA Engineering Librarian of the Year Award in 1995. Other awards include the Achievement Award from the Sci-Tech Division of SLA and the Professional Achievement award from the Transportation Division of SLA, and Best Reference Work and Best Publication awards from ASEE. She was a columnist for the American Library Association's Library Administration and Management for 17 years. She is the co-author of TMI: 25 Years Later.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2011
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1224 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byBonnie A. Osif
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.