All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionJesus sent His disciples into the world as sheep among wolves, instructing them to be as shrewd as snakes and as incent as doves (Matt. 10:16). In Using the Psychology of Attraction in Christian Outreach: Lessons from the Dark Side, Wendy L. Patrick proposes that consistent with this instruction, Christian outreach should incorporate effective strategies of interpersonal influence into a biblical, proactive approach to sharing faith. Drawing on her experience as a sex crimes prosecutor and a review of relevant research, this book exposes five powerful social and psychological techniques (proactivity, emotional appeal, identification, affirmation, and credibility) used successfully within both the dark side by criminals and on the positive side of interpersonal influence by those with selfless motives seeking to benefit others that capitalize on the power of attraction. Because the outcome of these techniques is dependent on the motivation of the user, this book explores the efficacy of using them authentically, selflessly, and benevolently in Christian outreach.
- Author BiographyWendy L. Patrick is a San Diego County Deputy District Attorney selected by her peers as one of the Top Ten criminal attorneys in San Diego by the San Diego Daily Transcript. She has completed over 150 trials which involved hate crimes, domestic violence, and first-degree murder. She also teaches upper-division business ethics at San Diego State University at both the graduate and undergraduate level and has been featured as an expert on sex crimes on the radio as well as on television. Dr. Patrick has co-authored the revised version of the New York Times bestseller Reading People and has been a contributing author to the Encyclopedia of Race and Racism and Hate Crimes: Causes, Controls, and Controversies. She has had her own ethics column in the San Diego Daily Transcript for over a decade and writes regularly for a variety of magazines and periodicals. Dr. Patrick is an ordained minister through Converge Worldwide/Baptist General Conference and is active in Christian ministry. She earned a PhD in theology from the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, and a Master of Divinity degree summa cum laude from Bethel Seminary San Diego.
- Author(s)Wendy L. Patrick
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number331
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight610 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.