All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionEarly 1944, General Eisenhower took command of Operation Overlord. He immediately decided to add a new landing beach to the south of the Cotentin peninsila: Utah Beach. From this landing zone, the American troops hoped to rapidly advance towards Cherbourg to take control of the port, a crucial facility to support the considerable logistic effort that would ensure Overlord's success. On the morning of 6th June, officers from the first wave of assault set foot on Utah, to realise that their troops had landed over a mile south of their intended landing zone. Without wasting a second, they decided to continue operations from this very beach, the choice that was to seal the success of the Utah landings.
- Author(s)Magdaleine Yann
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCully
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note80 illustrations; 3 maps 3 maps
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.