Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionWith continual computer advances in the information techlogy age, information systems have become an integral part of many disciplines. Business, medicine, geography, aviation, forensics, agriculture, even traffic lights all have one thing in common - computers. Utilizing Information Techlogy Systems Across Disciplines: Advancements in the Application of Computer Science provides original material concerned with all aspects of information resources management, managerial and organizational applications, as well as implications of information techlogy. An advanced reference work in its field, this book is instrumental in the improvement and development of the theory and practice of information resources management, appealing to both practicing managers and academicians.
- Author BiographyEvon M. O. Abu-Taieh is a Ph.D. holder in Simulation. A USA graduate for both her Master of Science and Bachelor's degrees with a total experience of 19 years. Author of many renowned research papers in the Airline and IT, PM, KM, GIS, AI, Simulation, Security and Ciphering. Editor/author of Book: Utilizing Information Technology Systems Across Disciplines: Advancements in the Application of Computer Science.IGI, USA. Editor/author Handbook of Research on Discrete Event Simulation Environments: Technologies and Applications, IGI, USA. Guest Editor, Journal of Information Technology Research (JITR) Editorial Board Member in: International Journal of E-Services and Mobile Applications (IJESMA and International Journal of Information Technology Project Management (IJITPM) and International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change (IJISSC). Editor/author of Book: Simulation and Modeling: Current Technologies and Applications. IGI, USA. Developed some systems like: Ministry of transport databank, auditing system for airline reservation systems and Maritime Databank among others in her capacity as head of IT department in the ministry of transport for 10 years. Furthermore worked in the Arab Academy in her capacity as Assistant Professor, Dean's Assistant and London School of Economics (LSE) Director. Appointed many times as track chair, reviewer in many international conferences: IRMA, CISTA, and WMSCI. Enjoys both the academic arena as well as the hands on job. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Asim Abdel Rahman El Sheikh got a B.Sc. (honors) from University of Khartoum (Sudan),an MSc and a PhD from University of London (UK). El Sheikh worked for University of Khartoum, Philadelphia University (Jordan) and The Arab Academy for Banking & Financial Sciences (Jordan). El Sheikh is currently the dean of the faculty of information systems & technology at the Arab Academy for Banking & Financial Sciences. El Sheikh's areas of research interest are computer simulation and software engineering. Jeihan Abu-Tayeh attend school at the Rosary School in Amman, then she acquired her bachelor's in Pharmaceutical Science and Management from Al-Ahlyya Amman University. Furthermore, in 2002, she got her M.B.A. with emphasis on International Marketing & Negotiations Technique , with outstanding G. P. A. of 3.87 out of 4 (with honors) from Saint Martin's College, State of Washington; U.S.A. Currently, Jeihan Abu-Tayeh is a Head of the International Agencies & Commissions Division at the Jordanian Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation. In her capacity, she has the opportunity to maintain sound cooperation relations with the World Bank Group, as well as the UN Agencies, in order to extend to Jordan financial and technical support for developmental projects through setting appropriate programs and plans, building and improving relations with those organizations. This is achieved through loans and aids programs, by means of designing project proposals, conducting Problem & Needs Assessment for the concerned Governmental and Non-Governmental Jordanian entities, followed by active participation in extensive evaluation processes, conducted by either the UN Country Team, or the World Bank Group Country Team.
- PublisherIGI Global
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationHershey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Science Reference
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1128 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAsim Abdel Rahman El Sheikh,Evon M. Abu-Taieh,Jeihan Abu-Teyeh
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.