CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
About this product
- DescriptionKwn for her striking figurative paintings of imagined characters, Lynette Yiadom-Boakye celebrates the arrival of Spring in Natures, Natural and Unnatural, a display that uses nature as inspiration in different ways: as still life, in the abstract, as a feeling or as an environment. Through painting, photography and film her display considers how people interact with nature, both indoors and outdoors.Highlights include David Hockney's 30 Sunflowers (1996), a vibrantly coloured oil on canvas, and Peter Doig's large-scalepainting Green Trees (1998) depicting an imagined forest. Also featured is a video by Estonian artist Jan Toomik, Dancing with Dad (2003), which shows the artist dancing in a sunlit woodland where his father was buried and Andy Warhol's brightly coloured screen-print of a cow.As well as full-colour installation photography, the publication includes an interview with the artist, and an essay by art historian Petra Lange-Berndt on the relationship between modern art and nature within the context of the display.
- Author BiographyOmar Kholeif is Curator at the Whitechapel Gallery.Iwona Blazwick is Director of the Whitechapel Gallery.Habda Rashid is Assistant Curator at the Whitechapel Gallery.Petra Lange-Berndt is Lecturer in 19th-21st-Century Art at University College London.
- PublisherWhitechapel Gallery
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhitechapel Gallery
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byOmar Kholeif
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.