All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book consists of an extensive examination of the work and life of one of the most important American political scientists of the twentieth century, V. O. Key, Jr. (1908-1963). The research is based on Key's volumius personal papers, interviews with his family, colleagues, and graduate students, plus thorough study of all of his published and unpublished writings, much of which is t readily accessible today. Part I offers a narrative account of Key's life from his upbringing and early education in Texas, through his graduate political science training at the University of Chicago and his steady rise as a scholar from the latter 1930s through the end of the 1940s, to his highly productive final fourteen years (1949-1963) at the very pinnacle of the discipline. Part II is made up of five chapters that explore the many aspects of Key's professional career during his peak years, chapters that fully reveal his wise, sensible approach to the study of politics.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Andrew M. Lucker is Director of the Northeast Ohio Political Science Network. A native of Painesville, Ohio, he earned a B.G.S. in American studies from Ohio University and an M.A. and a Ph.D. in political science from Case Western Reserve University.
- Author(s)Andrew M. Lucker
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleMajor Concepts in Politics and Political Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note6 fig.
- Weight510 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.