All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionV. S. Naipaul is a reader-friendly introduction to the writing of one of the most influential contemporary authors and the 2001 Nobel laureate in Literature. Bruce King provides a vel by vel analysis of the fiction with attention to structure, significance, and Naipaul's development as a writer, while setting the texts in their autobiographical. philosophical, social, political, colonial and postcolonial contexts. King shows how Naipaul modified Western and Indian literary traditions for the West Indies and then the wider world to become an international writer whose subject matter includes the Caribbean, England, India, Africa, the United States, Argentina, and contemporary Islam. Thoroughly revised and updated, the second edition of V. S. Naipaul w includes an expanded Introduction, and discussion of his most recent vels A Way in the World and Half a Life, his Nobel Lecture, Naipaul's writings on Islam, and a survey of the main criticism by other writers and postcolonial theorists.
- Author BiographyBRUCE KING, now a freelance writer and a leading international literary critic, was professor of English and has taught in universities in England, France, Nigeria, Canada, Israel, New Zealand and the United States. His publications include Modern Indian Poetry in English, second edition (Oxford, 2001) and Derek Walcott: A Caribbean Life (Oxford, 2000). He is series editor for Literature, Culture and Identity (Continuum), English Dramatists and Modern Dramatists (both Palgrave Macmillan).
- Author(s)Bruce King
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication12/09/2003
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, index
- Weight413 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.