VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 p.m. to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health...for Good by Mark Bittman (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you re one of the millions who have thought of trying a vegan diet but fear it s too motous or unfamiliar, or simply don t want to give up the foods you love to eat, VB6 will introduce a new, flexible, and quite simply better way of eating you can really live with for life. Six years ago, an overweight, pre-diabetic Mark Bittman faced a medical directive: adopt a vegan diet or go on medication. He was fan of a lifelong regimen of pills, but as a food writer he lived and worked to eat. So neither choice was appealing. His solution was a deal with himself. He would become a flexitarian. He adopted a diet heavy in vegetables, fruits, and grains by following a healthy vegan diet ( meat, dairy, or processed foods) all day. After 6:00 p.m. he d eat however he wanted, though mostly in moderation. Beyond that, his plan involved gimmicks, scales, calorie counting, or point systems. And there were so-called forbidden foods he ate mostly home-cooked meals that were as varied and satisfying as they were delicious. He called this plan Vegan Before 6:00 (VB6 for short), and the results were swift and impressive. Best of all, they proved to be lasting and sustainable over the long haul. Bittman lost 35 pounds and saw all of his blood numbers move in the right direction. Using extensive scientific evidence to support his plan, the acclaimed cookbook author and food policy columnist shows why his VB6 approach succeeds when so many other regimens t only fail, but can actually lead to unwanted weight gain. He then provides all the necessary tools for making the switch to a flexitarian diet: lists for stocking the pantry, strategies for eating away from home in a variety of situations, pointers for making cooking on a daily basis both convenient and enjoyable, and a complete 28-day eating plan showing VB6 in action. Finally, Bittman provides more than 60 recipes for vegan breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, as well as n-vegan dinners that embrace the spirit of a vegetable- and grain-forward diet. I live full-time in the world of omnivores, and I ve never wanted to leave. But the Standard American Diet (yes, it s SAD) got to me as it gets to almost everyone in this country.
- Author BiographyMARK BITTMAN is one of the country s best-known and most widely respected food writers. His How to Cook Everything books, with one million copies in print, are a mainstay of the modern kitchen. Bittman is a columnist for the New York Times, writing on food policy and cooking in the Opinion and Dining sections and the New York Times Magazine. www.markbittman.com
- Author(s)Mark Bittman
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication05/06/2013
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.