All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on the little kwn official Army Air Force report commissioned by the Eighth Air Force's VIII Fighter Command (FC) in May 1944. The detailed document chronicled the experiences of 24 pilots who had seen extensive service in the frontline escorting B-17s and B-24s on daylight raids deep into Germany. Briefed to provide a candid report on combat flying that could be used as a teaching 'manual' for potential fighter pilots, the VIII FC veterans openly discuss their secrets to success, and survival in the deadly skies over occupied Europe. Exactly half of those pilots who contributed to The Long Reach subsequently achieved ace status.
- Author BiographyMichael O'Leary possesses one of the most extensive private archival libraries of wartime images relating to American combat aircraft, and has written/photographed over a dozen books for Osprey.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/12/2000
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Aircraft of the Aces Special S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 31
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note26 colour and 130 b&w illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMichael O'Leary
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.