VMware VSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing the Virtual Environment by Edward Haletky (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.92+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.52Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComplete Hands-On Help for Securing VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure by Edward Haletky, Author of the Best Selling Book on VMware, VMware ESX Server in the Enterprise As VMware has become increasingly ubiquitous in the enterprise, IT professionals have become increasingly concerned about securing it. Now, for the first time, leading VMware expert Edward Haletky brings together comprehensive guidance for identifying and mitigating virtualization-related security threats on all VMware platforms, including the new cloud computing platform, vSphere. This book reflects the same hands-on approach that made Haletky's VMware ESX Server in the Enterprise so popular with working professionals. Haletky doesn't just reveal where you might be vulnerable; he tells you exactly what to do and how to reconfigure your infrastructure to address the problem. VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security begins by reviewing basic server vulnerabilities and explaining how security differs on VMware virtual servers and related products. Next, Haletky drills deep into the key components of a VMware installation, identifying both real and theoretical exploits, and introducing effective countermeasures. Coverage includes * Viewing virtualization from the attacker's perspective, and understanding the new security problems it can introduce * Discovering which security threats the vmkernel does (and doesn't) address * Learning how VMsafe enables third-party security tools to access the vmkernel API * Understanding the security implications of VMI, paravirtualization, and VMware Tools * Securing virtualized storage: authentication, disk encryption, virtual storage networks, isolation, and more * Protecting clustered virtual environments that use VMware High Availability, Dynamic Resource Scheduling, Fault Tolerance, vMotion, and Storage vMotion * Securing the deployment and management of virtual machines across the network * Mitigating risks associated with backup, performance management, and other day-to-day operations * Using multiple security zones and other advanced virtual network techniques * Securing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) * Auditing virtual infrastructure, and conducting forensic investigations after a possible breach informit.com/ph | www.Astroarch.com
- Author BiographyEdward L. Haletky is the author of the well-received book VMware ESX Server in the Enterprise: Planning and Securing Virtualization Servers. A virtualization expert, Edward has been involved in virtualization host security discussions, planning, and architecture since VMware ESX version 1.5.x. Edward owns AstroArch Consulting, Inc., providing virtualization, security, network consulting, and development. Edward is a 2009 VMware vExpert, Guru, and moderator for the VMware Communities Forums, providing answers to security and configuration questions. Edward moderates the Virtualization Security Roundtable Podcast held every two weeks where virtualization security is discussed in depth. Edward is DABCC's Virtualization Security Analyst. Edward is the virtualization Security Analyst at www.virtualizationpractice.com Tim Pierson has been a technical trainer for the past 23 years and is an industry leader in both security and virtualization. He has been the noted speaker at many industry events, including Novell's Brainshare, Innotech, GISSA, and many military venues, including the Pentagon and numerous facilities addressing security both in the United States and Europe. He is a contributor to Secure Coding best practices and coauthor of Global Knowledge Windows 2000 Boot Camp courseware. Tom Howarth is DABCC's Data Center Virtualization Analyst. Tom is a moderator of the VMware Communities Forums. Tom owns TCA Consulting and PlanetVM.Net. He regularly designs large virtualization projects for enterprises in the U.K. and elsewhere in EMEA. Tom received the VMware vExpert 2009 award.
- Author(s)Edward Haletky
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date26/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight886 g
- Width179 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.