All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChester Wilmot (1911-1954) was a rewned Australian war correspondent, broadcaster, journalist and writer. Covering the first triumphant North African battles of Bardia, Tobruk and Derna, the heartbreaking disaster of the Greek Campaign, the epic struggle along the famed Kokoda Track, the momentous amphibious invasion at Normandy and the eventual defeat of Nazi Germany, his voice stood above all others during BBC and ABC broadcasts throughout WWII. Following the war he continued reporting and broadcasting, and published The Struggle for Europe, his classic account of the Normandy invasion and its aftermath. He was tragically killed in the crash of the BOAC Comet over Greece in 1954, returning from Australia where he had been covering the Royal Tour. Valiant for Truth charts Wilmot's exceptional life as he reported key events of the twentieth century. It contains the most complete account to date of the command crisis in New Guinea in 1942 and his extraordinary feud with Australian Commander-in-Chief General Sir Thomas Blamey. Bestselling authors Neil McDonald and Peter Brune unite to tell the story in this, the first full biography of one of the most important correspondents of WWII.
- Author BiographyNeil McDonald is a film historian and author. Hisbooks include Kokoda Front Line: the amazing storyof legendary Australian war cameraman Damien Parer(revised edition 2012). He is co-author with PeterBrune of 200 Shots, a pictorial account of Australianfighting on the Kokoda Track. Peter Brune is the bestselling author of A Bastardof a Place: the Australians in Papua; Those RaggedBloody Heroes: from the Kokoda Trail to Gona Beach1942 and most recently Descent into Hell: The fallof Singapore - Pudu and Changi - the Thai Burmarailway.
- Author(s)Neil McDonald,Peter Brune
- PublisherNewSouth Publishing
- Date of Publication30/12/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNewSouth Publishing
- Content Note32 illustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.