All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionValidation of Communications Systems with SDL provides a clear practical guide to validating, by simulation, a telecom system modelled in SDL. SDL, the Specification and Description Language standardised by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), is used to specify and develop complex systems such as GSM, GPRS, UMTS, IEEE 802.11 or Hiperlan. Since the downturn in the telecom industry, validating a system before its implementation has become mandatory to reduce costs.This volume guides you step by step through the validation of a simplified protocol layer, from interactive simulation to proof of properties using reachability analysis combined with observers. Every step is explained, using the two main SDL tools commercially available: ObjectGeode[trademark] and Tau SDL[trademark] Suite, both from Telelogic. The contents include: short tutorial on SDL; presentation of the protocol layer case study; interactive simulation, MSC generation; scripting, automatic n-regression; automatic validation against MSC, HMSC, etc; random simulation; exhaustive and bit-state simulation; errors detected and t detected by simulation; and other simulator features. This book offers you the opportunity to: learn expert validation techniques and tips; master advanced simulation features of Telelogic ObjectGeode[trademark] and Tau SDL Suite[trademark]; and practice 156 hands-on exercises with solutions.The SDL models and scripts used in the exercises can be downloaded from the Web.
- Author BiographyLaurent Doldi worked for several years in safety-critical software development at Airbus. He then joined Verilog in 1987 where he used SDL for many customer applications. Since 1997 Doldi has been a private consultant, using Telelogic's ObjectGeode(t) and Tau SDL Suite(t) for design, simulation and code generation worldwide on UMTS, GPRS, rocket mission-critical software, PC firmware, and several satellite communications systems. Laurent Doldi is also author of SDL Illustrated - Visually design executable models - TMSO - ISBN 2-9516600-0-6.
- Author(s)Laurent Doldi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2003
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight734 g
- Width174 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.