All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a cover design by founder of Biba, Barbara Hulanicki Valley of the Dolls took the world by storm when it was first published in 1966. Never had a book been so frank about sex, drugs and show business. It is often sited as the bestselling vel of all time. Dolls - red or black; capsules or tablets; washed down with vodka or swallowed straight. For Anne, Neely and Jennifer, it doesn't matter, as long as the pill bottle is within easy reach. These three beautiful women become best friends when they are young and in New York, struggling to make their names in the entertainment industry. Only when they reach the peak of their careers do they find there's where left to go but down - to the Valley of the Dolls.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Susann was an actress who won the Best Dressed Woman in Television award four times. She was the first novelist to have three consecutive books hit #1 on the New York Times bestseller list, transforming her into a Pucci-clad media superstar. She died in 1974.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Susann
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVMC Designer Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight595 g
- Width130 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Introduction byJulie Burchill
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.