All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the NGN world, truer words are spoken than the future is w. And the competition in the information networking arena will only intensify in the next 5-10 years. Choosing the correct NGN-VAS strategy w will set your company apart. Value Added Services for Next Generation Networks examines the quest for the real added value in modern communication systems. The author covers more than just the techlogy itself, but also examines how it is being used and how it could be used to gain a strategic advantage. The book starts with a SOTW analysis for PSTN/GSM operators and new entrants and the threats they will undoubtedly face. The author examines the fundamentals of genuine communication services and the service providers' starting position, then takes you on a tour through the landscape of NGN standards, contrasting the 3GPP IMS architecture with that of IETF, UMA, and OMA. He discusses practical ways to build an NGN SDP and the essential business aspects involved in this enterprise. The book highlights how, technically, the NGN can be interconnected, or glued, to the existing GSM/PSTN infrastructure, justifying the choice of protocols and network architecture. It also describes general concepts, architectural requirements, and techlogies in modern VAS platform and new VAS for the NGN in terms of network implementation, end user experience, business scope, and cost/revenue projections. But is NGN just a game of investments in equipment, of CAPEX and OPEX savings? Is the so-called triple play just a matter of marketing, partnerships, and mergers? How will the market play out? Where will the NGN and VAS ultimately go? And more importantly, what is your NGN-VAS strategy? By addressing these questions and more, this book prepares you for success in the emerging telecommunications environment.
- Author(s)Thierry Van de Velde
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/01/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleInforma Telecoms & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white halftones
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Contained items statementContains 7 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.