All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionValue chain development can identify and address the sector-specific bottlenecks that hinder the development of an industry. Value Chains in Development charts the rise of value chain analysis from the sub-sector approach, through classic business development services, and includes how to assess value chains, measure potential competitiveness and facilitate market-based interventions. Selected from among the best papers on this subject in Enterprise Development and Microfinance (formerly Small Enterprise Development journal), 14 papers take the long view of a discipline that has recently become an essential tool for ecomic progress in developing countries. In her introductory chapter the editor discusses what we can learn from past trends and more recent development. These critical readings are essential background for students and practitioners of the market-based approaches to development.
- Author BiographyLinda Jones, is an internationally recognized consultant in applying market systems approaches to inclusive economic development programmes that successfully leverage the contributions of women, smallholder farmers and other vulnerable groups. She works globally with multiple clients and donors, and is currently directing MEDA's work in investment-led development.
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Note8 black & white line drawings
- Weight315 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byLinda Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.