All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionValues Added is the first book about ethics that asks instead of answers and listens rather than lectures. It is a subjective, feisty, stimulating look at the mechanics of ethical decision-making. It introduces the reader to the ethical conflicts that have long troubled financial professionals, from the lure of sure-thing markets to the troubling pervasiveness of 'soft dollar' benefits in the brokerage industry. Then, through raising questions (and inviting answers), it guides decision makers in the trenches to more sensitive, responsible, effective and ethical judgments in their daily work. The book spells out seven steps for making and executing deliberate and responsible decisions. The meat of the book is a collection of fictional case studies illustrating the intersection of generally recognized ethical principles with the details of each of the critical events. Each situation is followed by a personal space for the reader to preserve reaction to the story, its issues and alternatives. This is followed by the author's analysis of the events and decisions.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Casey is Inaugural Executive Scholar at the Center for Business Ethics at Bentley College.
- Author(s)John L. Casey
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/12/1996
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBruce Mccandless
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.