Values Based Health Care: The Fundamentals of Ethical Decision-Making by David Seedhouse (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $155.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe have lost sight of the vital symmetry between values and evidence. Values lie behind absolutely everything we do, yet we allow technical decision-making to dominate every social sphere, as if only 'the evidence' really matters. In this extraordinarily original and compelling book, David Seedhouse advocates values-based decision-making as a much-needed means of restoring humane balance to social planning, and explains the invative use of information techlogy to turn values into evidence. The potential of values-based decision-making is huge and exciting. The final chapter of this seminal work points the way to a democratic future in which everyone's values can be seen and heard, regardless of technical kwledge or social status. Values-Based Decision-Making mostly uses examples drawn from the health field. Like David Seedhouse's many other books, it will be of considerable interest to all health professionals. But values-based decision-making reaches into every arena of human problem-solving, and should therefore be read by everyone who makes plans on behalf of other people.
- Author BiographyDavid Seedhouse is a truly original thinker and prolific author, highly regarded by health practitioners, teachers and students alike. Though David has a background in philosophy, his work is always focused on solving practical problems. Professor Seedhouse is best know for his writing on health and ethics, yet his work straddles many areas of social, philosophical and political concern. He has written or edited 14 books and produced over 200 book chapters, journal papers and other articles. His library includes the highly successful editions of Health: The Foundations for Achievement and Ethics: The Heart of Healthcare; the full list of his titles is given at the back of this book. His primary interest no lies in the development of software to enable transparent decision-making in healthcare, local democracy, schools and other social settings. The considerable practical impact of David's work can be seen - and engaged with - at www.values-exchange.com. David is Professor of Health and Social Ethics at Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand (where he directs the National Centre for Health and Social Ethics) and Professor of Health Care Analysis at Middlesex University, London. He is CEO of VIDe Ltd - www.vide.co.nz - and a popular keynote conference speaker internationally.
- Author(s)David Seedhouse
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/08/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width174 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.