All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionNon-market valuation has become a broadly accepted and widely practiced means of measuring the ecomic values of the environment and natural resources. In this book, the authors provide a guide to the statistical and ecometric practices that ecomists employ in estimating n-market values. The authors develop the ecometric models that underlie the basic methods: contingent valuation, travel cost models, random utility models and hedonic models. They analyze the measurement of n-market values as a procedure with two steps: the estimation of parameters of demand and preference functions and the calculation of benefits from the estimated models. Each of the models is carefully developed from the preference function to the behavioral or response function that researchers observe. The models are then illustrated with datasets that characterize the kinds of data researchers typically deal with. The real world data and clarity of writing in this book will appeal to environmental ecomists, students, researchers and practitioners in multilateral banks and government agencies.
- Author BiographyTimothy C. Haab, Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics, Ohio State University, US and Kenneth E. McConnell, Professor, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Maryland, College Park, US
- Author(s)Kenneth E. McConnell,T.C. Haab
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2003
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Environmental Economics Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight538 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.