All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVan Gogh: The Man and the Earth is the catalogue of the exhibition organised in collaboration with the Kroller-Muller Museum in Otterlo, the Netherlands. It includes the self-portrait of Vincent, and many works from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, the Museo Soumaya-Fundacion Carlos Slim in Mexico City, the Centraal Museum in Utrecht, and private collections rmally unavailable to the public. The focus of the book is the artistic understanding of the complex relationship between man and the nature that surrounds him. It also offers a series of oils and drawings that complete the full immersion into the rural cycle, as in the circle of human life: peasants, landscapes of the cold North and the sunny South, snapshots of life, still lifes, vases of flowers - unique and precious tiles of a single mosaic. It also studies the relationship between Man and Earth in art, as the only relief for those who feel alienated and marginalised.
- Author BiographyThe book and exhibition were curated by Kathleen Adler, an expert on the Impressionist period who has curated exhibitions on some of the most important exponents of this artistic movement and authored significant monographs, worked on all of this to choose the pieces to be displayed. The exhibition layout design was entrusted to the architect Kengo Kuma.
- Author(s)Kathleen Adler
- Publisher24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFederico Motta Editore
- Weight1542 g
- Width280 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.