Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1848, Ellen Craft became invisible. Ellen, a slave from Macon, Georgia, took trains and steamboats rth, but the people all around couldn't see her. They saw only a white man. Ellen Craft's mother was a slave, but her father was her master, and she had skin as white as his. So she posed as a white man, while her husband William posed as her slave. Ellen vanished and became William Johnson -- an ailing gentleman seeking medical treatment in Philadelphia. The Invisible Woman is based on a true story -- one of the boldest escapes in American history. William and Ellen knew they could never have children until they were free, so they embarked on the greatest of escapes. Their incredible story riveted a nation, and it put the Fugitive Slave Act to the test, bringing attention to their plight all of the way to the White House. The ultimate irony: The invisible woman became one of the most visible symbols of freedom in nineteenth-century America.
- Author BiographyDoug Peterson is a Gold-Medallion-winning author with a storied writing career. He is a versatile writer and the author of 60 books, including three historical novels with Bay Foresta The Disappearing Man, The Puzzle People, and The Vanishing Woman.After writing for the VeggieTales series, Doug made a successful transition to historical novelist. He has emerged as a popular author and speaker on history, doing events at the Museum of Man in San Diego, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield, Malone University in Canton, and numerous schools in Illinois, Ohio, and Tennessee.In addition, The Disappearing Man was selected by Canton, Ohio, for its 2011 One Book, One Community program. Doug is currently working with an actress/director on her first-person portrayal of Ellen Craft, heroine of his latest novel, The Vanishing Woman. Ellen Craft, a light-skinned slave, escaped in 1848 by posing as a white man, while her husband pretended to be her slave.Other highlights of Doug's writing career include: a cents Author of 42 books for the popular VeggieTales seriesa cents Co-storywriter for the best-selling VeggieTales video, Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weeda cents Science writer for the University of Illinois for over 30 yearsa cents Author of over 500 stories and articles published in more than 20 magazinesa cents Author of a The Career of Horville Sash, a a popular short story made into a music video featuring Grammy-winner Jennifer Warnesa cents Co-writer of a Roman Ruins, a an episode in the bestselling line of How to Host a Murder party gamesDoug lives in Champaign, Illinois, with his wife Nancy (a therapist for over 30 years), and they have two grown sons. His next novel, due out in 2013, will deal with Civil War spies and submarines.You can find him on Facebook under a Doug Peterson Author.a Also, check out his website and a History By The Slicea blog at: www.bydougpeterson.com.
- Author(s)Doug Peterson
- PublisherKingstone Media Group
- Date of Publication14/01/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationFL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKingstone Media Group
- Weight518 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.36New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.36
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.