All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, new mathematical methods and tools have been developed and - plied extensively in the ?eld of aerospace engineering, for example, ?nite element method,computational ?uiddynamics, optimization,control,eigenvalues problems. The interaction between aerospace engineering and mathematics has been sign- cant in the past for both engineers and mathematicians and will be even stronger in the future. The School of Mathematics Guido Stampacchia of the Ettore Majorana FoundationandCentreofScienti?cCultureisthemostappropriatesiteforaerospace engineers and mathematicians to meet. The present volume collects the papers p- sented at the Erice Workshop held on September 8-16, 2007, which was organized in order to allow aerospace engineers and mathematicians from Universities, - search Centres, and Industry to debate advanced problems in aerospace engineering requiring extensive mathematical applications. Theeditorsarecon?denttocapturetheinterestofpeoplefrombothacademiaand industry, particularly, young researchers working on new frontiers of mathematical applications to engineering. The workshop was dedicated to Angelo Miele, Professor at Rice University in Houston, on the occasion of his 85th birthday. Angelo Miele is both an eminent mathematician and a famous engineer, among other activities, able to conceive new scenarios for space exploration. He has been the advisor of many PhD students at Houston, who became well-kwn professors in universities worldwide and are speakers at this workshop.
- Author(s)Aldo Frediani,Giuseppe Buttazzo
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/08/2009
- Series TitleSpringer Optimization and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 33
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight940 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.