Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn this famous mograph, a distinguished mathematician presents an invative approach to classical boundary value problems one that may be used by mathematicians as well as by theoreticians in mechanics. The approach is based on a number of geometric properties of conformal and quasi-conformal mappings and employs the general basic scheme for solution of variational problems first suggested by Hilbert and developed by Tonnelli.The first two chapters cover variational principles of the theory of conformal mapping and behavior of a conformal transformation on the boundary. Chapters 3 and 4 explore hydrodynamic applications and quasiconformal mappings, and the final two chapters address linear systems and the simplest classes of n-linear systems. Mathematicians will take particular interest in the method of the proof of the existence and uniqueness theorems as well as the general theory of quasi-conformal mappings. Theoreticians in mechanics will find the approximate formulas for conformal and quasi-conformal
- Author BiographyM. A. Lavrent'ev (1900 80) was a prominent Soviet mathematician, associated with Moscow State University and the Steklov Institute of Mathematics.
- Author(s)M. A. Lavrent'ev
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/1990
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Out-of-print date19/04/2011
- Content Note19ill.
- Weight172 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.