All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWorld-rewned philosopher, Michel Serres writes a text in praise of the body and movement, in praise of teachers of physical education, coaches, mountain guides, athletes, dancers, mimes, clowns, artisans, and artists. This work describes the variations, the admirable metamorphoses that the body can accomplish. While animals lack such a variety of gestures, postures, and movements, the fluidity of the human body mimics the leisure of living beings and things; what s more, it creates signs. Already here, within its movements and metamorphoses, the mind is born. The five senses are t the only source of kwledge: it emerges, in large part, from the imitations the plasticity of the body allows. In it, with it, by it kwledge begins.
- Author BiographyMichel Serres is one of the rare contemporary philosophers to propose an open vision of the world founded on an alliance between the humanities and science. Randolph Burks is a Michel Serres scholar and translator.
- Author(s)Michel Serres
- PublisherUnivocal Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleUnivocal
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUnivocal Publishing LLC
- Weight204 g
- Width124 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byRandolph Burks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.