All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only complete work on vascular hemodynamics Recently, vascular hemodynamics has undergone major advances, resulting from increasingly sophisticated imaging, computational, and clinical research methodologies. The effects of these advances are likely to be profound at both the scientific and clinical levels. Now, Vascular Hemodynamics provides a self-contained treatment of this rapidly advancing topic as it relates to vascular disease and related pathologies in the human body. Utilizing a multidisciplinary approach encompassing engineering, vascular biology, vascular imaging, and clinical practice, the book provides a survey of the basic science and clinical research in hemodynamics of the vasculature. The topics presented involve sophisticated modeling, imaging, and measurement techniques. The text emphasizes both the technical and clinical aspects of the field. Additionally, Vascular Hemodynamics: Includes a wide variety of models of vascular pathology, including physical models, finite-element models, linear-system models, transmission-line models, and dye-dilution models Discusses diverse pathologies of the large vessels, the microvasculature, and the systematic vasculature Brings together a range of imaging modalities related to hemodynamics Includes both introductory-level and research-oriented material on each topic Vascular Hemodynamics is the only single-text treatment of this important topic, making it a vital reference for researchers and students of bioengineering, radiology, vascular surgery, neurology, nephrology, cardiology, and oncology.
- Author BiographyPeter J. Yim, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology at the UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey. He is a recognized leader in the field of hemodynamic modeling and imaging of the vascular system, with awards in these areas from the Radiological Society of North America, the National Institutes of Health, and the SPIE.
- Author(s)Peter J. Yim
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width235 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.