All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of the book is to bring the two disciplines - vascular mechanics and pathology - together. In addition, the book bridges the gap in our kwledge and enhances engineering applications in medicine. This cutting-edge work presents the use of veins as arterial grafts and discusses the role of vein valves in graft stesis. The book illustrates aneurysm formation, growth, and rupture, using pressure vessel principles. This new work details the investigation of, amongst other topics, aortic dissection, showing for the first time that the aortic root mechanics plays a vital role in the development of this pathology.
- Author BiographyDr. Mano J. Thubrikar has been with Edwards Lifesciences since December 2004. Previously, he was the Director of the Biomedical Engineering Program at the Heineman Medical Research Center at Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC. Dr. Thubrikar is a recipient of the Research Career Development Award from the National Institute of Health, the Certificate of Merit awarded by the New York Academy of Medicine, and the Minna-James Heineman Stiftung Research Award for Outstanding Research Achievements in the area of Life Sciences.
- Author(s)Mano J. Thubrikar
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight789 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.