All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1993 to 2010, mir league baseball has, in aggregate, shown a steady increase in attendance, reaching as high as nearly fifty-two million spectators in 2008. With all the high tech, live streaming, fast-paced entertainment w available to modern consumers, what is it about mir league baseball that still holds appeal with today's audiences? In Vaudeville on the Diamond, David Sutera takes a close look at how mir league baseball has survived and thrived in today's competitive world of entertainment. He argues that the key to survival lies in the creation of on-and-off field attractions which invoke the traditions of vaudeville with their unique and quirky forms of spectacle. From Star Wars theme nights to monkeys riding border collies, teams have created a multifaceted form of entertainment that includes and goes well beyond the game of baseball itself. Throughout the book, Sutera shares his own travels to several mir league stadiums across the U.S., including rich participant observation and interviews with the fans themselves. A light-hearted and engaging look at mir league baseball, Vaudeville on the Diamond will appeal to all fans of baseball and mir league sports.
- Author BiographyDavid M. Sutera is a film, media, and sports studies scholar and documentary filmmaker. He is the author of Sports Fans 2.0: How Fans Are Using Social Media to Get Closer to the Game (2013) and coeditor of Gender and Genre in Sports Documentaries (2013) and Identity and Myth in Sports Documentaries (2013), all published by Scarecrow Press.
- Author(s)David M. Sutera
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note27 black & white halftones, 1 maps
- Weight413 g
- Width160 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.