Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of the Vavilov-Cherenkov radiation stems from the property that a charge moving uniformly in a medium emits ? quanta at the angle uniquely related to its energy. This has numerous applications. We mention only the neutri experiments in which the neutri energy is estimated by the angle at which the electron originating from the decay of neutri is observed. This book is intended for students of the third year and higher, for postgraduates, and professional scientists, both experimentalists and th- reticians. The Landau and Lifschitz treatisesQuantumMechanics,Clas- cal Field Theory andElectrodynamicsofContinuousMedia are more than eugh for the understanding of the text. There are three mographs devoted to the Vavilov-Cherenkov rad- tion. Jelly's book Cherenkov Radiation and its Applications published in 1958 contains a short theoretical review of the Vavilov-Cherenkov ra- ation and a rather extensive description of experimental technique. Ten years later, the two-volume Zrelov mograph Vavilov-Cherenkov Rad- tionandItsApplicationinHigh-EnergyPhysics appeared. Its ?rst volume isaquiteextensivereviewofexperimentalandtheoreticalresultskwnup to1968.ThesecondvolumeisdevotedtotheconstructioftheCherenkov counters. In1988,theFrankmographVavilov-CherenkovRadiation.T- oretical Aspects was published. It presents mainly a collection of Frank's papers with valuable short commentaries describing their present status. It is highly desirable to translate this book into English.
- Author(s)G.N. Afanasiev
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/09/2004
- Series TitleFundamental Theories of Physics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.142
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight896 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.