Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThese lecture tes are intended as an introduction to the methods of classi?cation of holomorphic vector bundles over projective algebraic manifolds X. To be as concrete as possible we have mostly restricted ourselves to the case X = P . According to Serre (GAGA) the class- n cation of holomorphic vector bundles is equivalent to the classi?cation of algebraic vector bundles. Here we have used almost exclusively the language of analytic geometry. The book is intended for students who have a basic kwledge of analytic and (or) algebraic geometry. Some fundamental results from these ?elds are summarized at the beginning. One of the authors gave a survey in the S'eminaire Bourbaki 1978 on the current state of the classi?cation of holomorphic vector bundles over P . This lecture then served as the basis for a course of lectures n in Gottingen in the Winter Semester 78/79. The present work is an extended and up-dated exposition of that course. Because of the - troductory nature of this book we have had to leave out some di?cult topics such as the restriction theorem of Barth. As compensation we have appended to each section a paragraph in which historical remarks are made, further results indicated and unsolved problems presented. The book is divided into two chapters. Each chapter is subdivided into several sections which in turn are made up of a number of pa- graphs. Each section is preceded by a short description of its contents.
- Author BiographyChristian Okonek is Professor for mathematics at the University of Zurich. Michael Schneider was Professor for algebraic geometry at the University of Bayreuth, deceased in 1997. Heinz Spindler is Professor for mathematics at the University of Osnabruck.
- Author(s)Christian Okonek,Heinz Spindler,Michael Schneider
- PublisherSpringer Basel
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- Series TitleModern Birkhauser Classics
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer Basel
- Content Notebiography
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementCorrected reprint of the 1988 Edition.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.