All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the fifties and sixties, several real problems, old and new, especially in Physics, Mechanics, Fluidodynamics, Structural Engi- neering, have shown the need of new mathematical models for study- ing the equilibrium of a system. This has led to the formulation of Variational Inequalities (by G. Stampacchia), and to the develop- ment of Complementarity Systems (by W.S. Dorn, G.B. Dantzig, R.W. Cottle, O.L. Mangasarian et al.) with important applications in the elasto-plastic field (initiated by G. Maier). The great advan- tage of these models is that the equilibrium is t necessarily the extremum of functional, like energy, so that such functional must be supposed to exist. In the same decades, in some fields like Control Theory, Net- works, Industrial Systems, Logistics, Management Science, there has been a strong request of mathmatical models for optimizing situa- tions where there are concurrent objectives, so that Vector Optimiza- tion (initiated by W. Pareto) has received new impetus. With regard to equilibrium problems, Vector Optimization has the above - mentioned drawback of being obliged to assume the exis- tence of a (vector) functional. Therefore, at the end of the seventies the study of Vector Variational Inequalities began with the scope of exploiting the advantages of both variational and vector models. This volume puts together most of the recent mathematical results in Vector Variational Inequalities with the purpose of contributing to further research.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleNonconvex Optimization and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight857 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byF. Giannessi
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.