All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.25
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $44.07
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $32.41
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.65
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.99
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.52
About this product
- DescriptionCast aside any thought of denying yourself gastromic pleasure any visions of brown rice, brown lentils and even browner nut roast any pre-conceptions about deprivation and emptiness and enter the charismatic and flamboyant world of vegan cookery, with its endless spectrum of flavours, textures, scents and colours. The nut roast is studded with golden toasted walnuts, brazils and cashews, partnered t by a dull gravy made with Marmite, but a vibrant plum and cranberry chutney. The lentils might be slate green rather than brown, combined with silky roasted peppers, coriander, pickled lemons, pine nuts and raisins to create a lively, earthy Middle Eastern salad. Now be honest does any of this sound in the least bit dreary, let alone brown?! In this book, food writer and private chef, Isabel Hood, sets out to prove that the glass, far from being half empty, is full to the brim, full to overflowing with mouth watering possibilities. Whether you are a fully fledged vegan or a beginner just dipping your toes into the water, this collection of vegan recipes will introduce you to a whole new world of exciting dishes based on fruit and vegetables, pulses and grains, nuts and seeds, pungent herbs and warm aromatic spices prepare to be DAZZLED!
- Author BiographyIsabel Hood blames her cosmopolitan childhood for her fascination with food and deep interest in the cuisines of the world. Growing up in Mexico and being educated at an international school with fellow pupils from virtually every country on earth has left her steeped in intensely flavoured, palate-tingling, aromatic cooking. She now actively seeks adventure in the kitchen (which has always been her favourite room in the house!) and in the food traditions and cultures of other nationalities. Isabel ran her own catering business in London and spent four years in the travel industry, working extensively in the Mediterranean. She has written two other cookery books, and is the Mexican Food Editor of BellaOnline The Voice of Women. Isabel can be contacted through her website www.isabelhood.com.
- Author(s)Isabel Hood
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.