All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautiful follow-up to Anupy Singla's widely praised first cookbook, the Indian Slow Cooker, is a unique guide to preparing favorite recipes from the Indian tradition using entirely vegan ingredients. Featuring more than 50 recipes, and illustrated with color photography throughout, these great recipes are all prepared in healthful versions that use vegan alternatives to rich cream, butter, and meat. The result is a terrific addition to the culinary resources of any cook interested in either vegan or Indian cuisine. Singla--a mother of two, Indian emigre, and former TV news journalist--has a distinctive style and voice that brings alive her passion for easy, authentic Indian food. Some of these recipes were developed by her mother through the years, but many Singla developed herself, including fusion recipes that pull together diverse traditions from across the Indian subcontinent. She shows the busy, harried family that cooking healthy is simple and that cooking Indian is just a matter of understanding a few key spices. As Singla sees it, acquiring and using the proper spices is the key to preparing her healthful recipes at home. Singla has recently brought to market her own line of traditional Indian spice trays (also kwn as a masala dabba), which is being sold by retail outlets like Williams-Soma. Vegan Indian Cooking builds off of Singla's vast expertise in simplifying and perfecting Indian spices and unique, custom spice blends, making delicious Indian cooking accessible to even the most hurried home chef.
- Author BiographyAnupy Singla formerly worked as an on-air TV reporter and anchor for CLTV News, the cable arm of the Tribune Company broadcasting and sister station to Chicago's WGN-TV, and for Bloomberg TV. Her food writing has appeared in several print and online publications including the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun-Times, and the Wall Street Journal. She's demonstrated her Indian cooking skills on WGN-TV, WLS-ABC and numerous network affiliates across the country. Her previous book, Indian Slow Cooker, is a number-one bestselling Indian cookbook on Amazon.com. She lives with her husband and two young daughters in Chicago, IL.
- Author(s)Anupy Singla
- PublisherSurrey Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSurrey Books,U.S.
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight728 g
- Width229 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.