All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull of wisdom, intelligence, and thoughtfulness, Vegan's Daily Companion is one of those books that inspires you to be a better person with each page you read. -John Robbins, bestselling author of The Food Revolution, Diet for a New America, and The New Good Life An unfettered, unabashed daily affirmation of the joy of being vegan. An invitation and a promise, a process and a guide for creating a compassionate world. And some darn good recipes, too! -Carol J. Adams, author of The Sexual Politics of Meat As a vegan advocate for nearly two decades, I was pleasantly surprised to learn a wealth of brand new and fascinating information in this completely unique book that combines practical tips and insightful wisdom for eating healthfully and living joyfully. Full of stunning photos and interesting facts about animals in history and literature, this is a fantastic resource for vegans as well as for curious, compassionate n-vegans. -Melanie Joy, Ph.D., author of Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows Live a joyful, compassionate life, every day of the year with Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's new-in-paperback guide, Vegan's Daily Companion! Mondays: For the Love of Food - A celebration of familiar and t-so-familiar foods to spark enthusiasm for eating healthfully. Tuesdays: Effective Communication - Techniques and tactics for speaking on behalf of veganism effectively and compassionately. Wednesdays: Optimum Health for Body, Mind, and Spirit - Care and maintenance for becoming and remaining a joyful vegan. Thursdays: Animals in the Arts: Literature, Film, Painting - Inspiration across the ages that reflects our consciousness of and relationship to n-human animals. Fridays: Stories of Hope, Rescue, and Transformation - Heartening stories of people who have become awakened and animals have found sanctuary. Saturdays + Sundays: Healthful Recipes - Favorite recipes to use as activism and urishment.
- Author BiographyRaised on a typical American diet of meat, dairy, and eggs, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau was moved to change when she read Diet for a New America at 19. No longer able to justify eating animals and their products, Colleen began a journey of discovery that continues to this day. For over 11 years, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau has guided people to becoming and staying vegan through sold-out cooking classes, award-winning cookbooks, inspiring lectures, and her immensely popular video and audio podcasts. Using her unique blend of passion, humor, and common sense, she empowers and inspires people to live as healthfully and compassionately as possible. Calling Patrick-Goudreau a star in the vegetarian universe, VegNews Magazine bestowed upon her The Vegan Martha Stewart award. Colleen is an exhilarating speaker, a powerful writer, a talented chef, and a persuasive advocate whose success can be measured by the thousands of people whose lives have been changed by her compassionate message. With a master's degree in English literature and a command of traditional and new media, Patrick-Goudreau fosters change whether she is writing books, speaking to live audiences, hosting her podcast, or producing videos. Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is the award-winning author of several books, including the bestselling The Joy of Vegan Baking, The Vegan Table, and Color Me Vegan. She writes The VegGuru column for VegNews Magazine, contributes to National Public Radio, and has guided thousands of people to becoming vegan through her cooking classes, inspiring lectures, and popular podcast, Food for Thought. She lives with her husband and feline boys in the San Francisco Bay area. Visit her at www.compassionatecooks.com.
- Author(s)Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Content Note100 color photos
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.