All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Midwest is an ideal place to grow a huge variety of vegetables, and there are plenty of healthful and ecomic benefits to having your own garden. Whether you have a traditional backyard space or several containers on a high-rise balcony, you can grow a season-long supply of tasty produce. Best-selling garden writer Laura Peters provides all you need to kw to dig in: * Basics such as light, soil, exposure and frost tolerance * Almost infinite garden styles, including raised beds and limited space gardening * Preparing the garden and selecting which vegetables to grow where * Recommended varieties, including new, traditional, heirloom and unusual selections * Seasonal care, including mulching, weeding and watering * Tips throughout, including how to extend the growing season and what to do with your harvest * Organic approaches to management of pests and diseases * An appendix featuring companion plants and relationships * Helpful hardiness maps, and delicious colour photos throughout.
- Author(s)Colleen Vanderlinden,Dr. Laura Peters
- PublisherLone Pine International Inc.
- Date of Publication21/02/2012
- Place of PublicationChrist Church
- Country of PublicationBarbados
- ImprintLone Pine International Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.