Vegetarian Indian Food & Cooking: Explore the Very Best of Indian Vegetarian Cuisine with 150 Dishes from Around the Country, Shown Step by Step in More Than 950 Photographs by Mridula Baljekar (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.12+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title helps you discover the fabulous wealth of India's aromatic and exciting meat-free recipes, ranging from world-rewned classics such as Onion Bhajiyas, Vegetable Pilau and Samosas to less well-kwn treats such as Wild Fig Kebabs and Duck Eggs with Cauliflower. It is an evocative introduction examines the impact of geography, climate, history, religion and festivities on Indian vegetarian cuisine, and how these influences have helped to create such deliciously diverse dishes. It features a comprehensive visual guide to Indian ingredients and equipment, and detailed instructions for essential preparation and cooking techniques. With over 950 stunning photographs to inspire and guide, each easy-to-follow recipe is shown step by step. Drawing upon the very best vegetarian food from around the country, this book presents a mouthwatering array of dishes such as Red Split Lentils with Mustard and Cumin, Roasted Tomato Chutney and Salty Yogurt Drink. Beginning with an overview of the geography, history and climate, the introduction goes on to explore regional cooking and celebrations, and provides an expert guide to ingredients, utensils and cooking techniques. Packed with 150 delicious recipes, as well as cook's tips, variations and nutritional analysis, this inspirational volume is essential reading for anyone who wants to explore the exciting world of Indian vegetarian food.
- Author BiographyMridula Baljekar is the best-selling author of many Indian cookbooks, including The Food and Cooking of India and Curry (both Lorenz Books). Born and raised in north-east India, when she moved to England she turned her childhood passion for cooking into a highly successful career. One of her books won both The Best Asian Cookbook in the World and Cookery Book of the Year awards. Mridula's food has been described in the media as 'heaven on earth for the senses'.
- Author(s)Mridula Baljekar
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication02/05/2012
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Note950 photographs
- Weight1315 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.