All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEverybody loves sushi. Now vegetarians can fully enjoy it too! American sushi expert Marisa Baggett has been working passionately for years to perfect sushi recipes that take full advantage of the freshest garden vegetables, herbs, tofu, mushrooms and spices available at your local farmer's market or co-op. Her invative use of sustainable ingredients like fresh asparagus, apple, daikon radish, basil, tomatoes, beets, corn, shiitake mushrooms and cucumbers set her sushi recipes apart from all others you may have seen. This vegetarian cookbook offers completely new ways for localvores to enjoy their community supported agriculture and market vegetables with sushi rice. This is the ultimate farm-to-table book with creative Asian flair! Marisa t only shows you how to make the usual thick and thin rolls but other types of sushi that are just as delicious and even easier to make! These recipes are about combining delicious rice with tantalising pairings you might t have tried or thought of before, such as: Apple and daikon radish Cucumber and peanut Spicy carrot and tomato Pomegranate and basil Ginger and beet Summer corn and pickled okra Sweet potato and shiitake mushrooms Strawberry and rhubarb All of Marisa's sushi recipes are extra simple to make. For example, her Tempura Avocado Hand Rolls are a snap to put together; even if you've never made sushi before! Marisa starts by giving surefire recipes for making perfect sushi rice every time. She provides tips on which vegetables work best with sushi rice and how to create your own original combinations. Vegetarian Sushi Secrets is a gem of a Sushi cookbook that shows you how to make fool-proof thin rolls, thick rolls, inside-out rolls, hand rolls, bowl rice sushi and many more in time at all!
- Author BiographyMarisa Baggett arrived in Los Angeles from her home in Mississippi with one goal in mind: to learn as much as she could about great sushi. At the California Sushi Academy she studied sushi preparation, sushi culture and how to make other Japanese dishes. She became the school's first black female graduate and returned to her Southern home to share her Southern-style sushi. She teaches workshops on sushi making, caters sushi events, and works with caterers in the Memphis Jewish community to supply kosher sushi for special events. She is the author of Sushi Secrets: Easy Recipes for the Home Cook. Husband-and-wife team Justin Fox Burks and Amy Lawrence are the authors of The Southern Vegetarian: 100 Down-Home Recipes for the Modern Table. In 2014, Burks and Lawrence were invited to speak at the venerable James Beard House in New York City for the Enlightened Eaters series. Justin, Amy, and their recipes have been highlighted in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Woman's Day, The Kitchn, Local Palate, The Huffington Post, P. Allen Smith's Garden Home, Food Network, and Memphis magazine. Justin and Amy write their cooking blog, The Chubby Vegetarian, teach cooking classes, write articles about home cooking, and are developing new recipes for their follow-up cookbook. Allison Day is a dancer, web developer and food writer with a degree in economics and a passion for sushi. Allison lives in Southern California where she produces her Sushi Day blog.
- Author(s)Justin Fox Burks,Marisa Baggett
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Noteover 100 recipes; colour photos throughout
- Weight590 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $27.55Trending at AU $33.91
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.