All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to combine classical vehicle dynamics with electronic control. The equation-based presentation of the theory behind vehicle dynamics enables readers to develop a thorough understanding of the key attribute to both a vehicle's drive ability and its active safety. Supported by MATLAB tools, the key areas that affect vehicle dynamics are explored including tire mechanics, the steering system, vehicle roll, traction and braking, 4WS and vehicle dynamics, vehicle dynamics by vehicle and human control, and controllability. As a professional reference volume, this book is an essential addition to the resources available to anyone working in vehicle design and development. Written by a leading authority in the field (who himself has considerable practical experience), the book has a unique blend of theory and practice that will be of immense value in this applications based field. It lets you get a thorough understand of why vehicles respond the way they do with a complete treatment of vehicle dynamics from theory to application. It is full of case studies and worked examples using MATLAB/Simulink. It covers all variables of vehicle dynamics including tire and vehicle motion, control aspects, human control and external disturbances.
- Author BiographyMasato Abe is Professor Emeritus at Kanagawa Institute of Technology. He has authored over 100 papers and served as co-editor of the journal Vehicle Systems and Dynamics. Abe is a leading researcher in vehicle dynamics and control, driver-vehicle-system analysis and application, electric vehicle with four-wheel independent driving and steering systems, and networked multiple driving simulators for accident analysis and vehicle traffic safety.
- Author(s)Masato Abe
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication06/06/2009
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.