All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA critical look at the Chavez regime from a leftist Venezuelan perspective, this account debunks claims made by Venezuelan and U.S. rightists that the regime is antidemocratic and dictatorial. Instead, the book argues that the Chavez government is one of a long line of Latin American populist organizations that have been ultimately subservient to the United States as well as multinational corporations. Explaining how automous Venezuelan social, labor, and environmental movements have been systematically disempowered by the Chavez regime, this analysis contends that these movements are the basis of a truly democratic, revolutionary alternative.
- Author BiographyRafael Uzcategui is the coordinator of the Programa Venezolano de Educacion y Accion en Derechos Humanos (Venezuelan Program of Education and Action on Human Rights); an editor of El Libertario, the Caracas anarchist newspaper; the author of Corazon de Tinta ( Heart of Ink ), and a member of the left opposition to the Chavez regime. He lives in Caracas, Venezuela.Chaz Bufe is the translator of Cuban Anarchism and Dreams of Freedom and the author of several books, including Alcoholics Anonymous: Cult or Cure?, The Heretic's Handbook of Quotations, and An Understandable Guide to Music Theory. He lives in Tucson, Arizona.
- Author(s)Rafael Uzcategui
- PublisherSee Sharp Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationArizona
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSee Sharp Press
- Content Note20 b/w photos
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byChaz Bufe
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.