Venice Baedeker Travel Guide by Michael Machatschek, Anja Schliebitz, Gill Peter Peter, Eva-Maria Blattner, Rupert Koppold, Madeleine Reincke (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaedeker is proud to welcome this brand new guide to Venice. At the heart of this full-colour and visually inspiring guide is a wealth of well-researched information and over 120 detailed recommendations, written by experts. From the monumental architecture of St Mark's Basilica to the 'oldest ghetto in the world', you will find all the sights and top attractions explored in an easy-to-read A-Z format, with 3D laminated illustrations displaying the key sights in perspective. Clear and concise background texts cover Venice's history and culture, from its legendary beginnings to the 19th and 20th centuries, including famous personalities over the years. Special feature pages can be found throughout the guide covering topics of particular interest that provide a rare glimpse into everyday life in the 'lagoon city'. A comprehensive 'Practicalities' chapter covers all the essential travel advice you need, including accommodation, transport, food and drink, health, shopping, language and much more, t to mention useful insider tips for travellers with disabilities and those travelling with children. It reveals when and where you can catch festivals, holidays and events throughout the year, also the best theatres to go to and concerts to attend. There are plenty of 'Baedeker tips' alongside the relevant places and sights information, making this guide ideal for on-the-spot reference. The guide is accompanied by a large, fully indexed, pull-out map, t to mention 23 detailed maps and plans within the text that clearly pin-point the best places to stay and top venues to eat and drink en route. There are 5 recommended tours specially designed to ensure you see the very best of this enchanting city, with top sights plotted along the way and the distances recorded between them. Journey lengths range from three hours to a whole day, so you can choose the tour to suit you. All of this invaluable information is contained in a handy plastic wallet that allows you to keep the guide and map together whilst ensuring that both will survive in all weather. Baedeker - setting a new standard in 21st century travel guide publishing.
- Author BiographySince 1827, Baedeker has set a benchmark for guidebooks and remains the most famous and cherished travel brand in the world. With over 50 titles available, the range is ever-expanding to keep up with the needs of today s travelers.
- Author(s)Anja Schliebitz,Eva-Maria Blattner,Gill Peter Peter,Madeleine Reincke,Michael Machatschek,Rupert Koppold
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/01/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBaedeker Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Out-of-print date30/01/2015
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight476 g
- Width123 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.