All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionCarl and Evelyn Ernst have completely revised their landmark reference Vemous Reptiles of North America to present the most comprehensive review of these animals in years. Volume One of this definitive work presents dramatically improved species accounts of the vemous lizards and elapid and viperid snakes found rth of Mexico's twenty-fifth parallel. Volume Two will cover the twenty-one rattlesnakes found in the United States, Canada, and, for the first time, species found only in rthern Mexico. Ernst and Ernst have painstakingly researched and verified the highly valuable and detailed information in this volume, including every detail of the lives of these fascinating and sometimes deadly animals. Vemous Reptiles of the United States, Canada, and Northern Mexico provides facts on each animal's diet, reproductive behavior, physiology, ecology, and conservation status. The book also covers details on snakebite, how vem is delivered, vem composition, antivem production, and medical treatments of envemation. Each species account includes vivid photographs that aid with identification and detailed maps that show the species range. Vemous Reptiles of the United States, Canada, and Northern Mexico represents the latest research on these animals and includes the most extensive bibliography of literature on the subject. Anyone with an interest in vem, snakes, or herpetology in general will find a wealth of information within the pages of these impressive volumes.
- Author BiographyCarl H. Ernst, professor emeritus at George Mason University and a research associate at the Smithsonian Institution, is coauthor of Turtles of the United States and Canada, also published by Johns Hopkins . Until her recent retirement, Evelyn M. Ernst taught high school chemistry and biology and was an administrator with the National Science Resources Center. Together they wrote Snakes of the United States and Canada.
- Author(s)Carl H. Ernst,Evelyn M. Ernst
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note114, 10 black & white line drawings, 14 maps, 58 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.