Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn a room in Soho, a man is turning gold. His flesh, his organs, even his beautiful eyes, are being transformed by some shocking human alchemy into precious deadly metal. And the path to this curious and frightening predicament has itself been filled with incredible moments. It began on South Ronaldsay amongst the singing seals and ancient ruins of Orkney. There a lad grew up with a rare gift for loving - something that proved much trickier than it sounds. He encountered misunderstanding, bullying, loss and heartbreak. And yet the physical heights he reached - and to which he brought others - went far beyond any rmal sensual pleasure. This led to the sort of sex that made people see angels. This remarkable story about the power of love veers from stratosphere to gutter, from visions of Heaven to the all-too mortal yearning below for even just one glimpse of it.
- Author BiographyLuke Sutherland is a writer and musician. He grew up in the Orkneys and now lives in London. He is the author of two other novels, Jelly Roll, which was shortlisted for the Whitbread First Novel Award, and Sweetmeat.
- Author(s)Luke Sutherland
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/03/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight183 g
- Width198 mm
- Height129 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.