All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on an empirical study of English verbs, the author discusses to what extent complementation is predictable from meaning by examining whether semantically similar verbs also exhibit the same syntactic properties. The significant number of idiosyncrasies presented rigorously challenge approaches that assume meaning to be the determining force in complementation.
- Author BiographySusen Faulhaber, Friedrich-Alexander-Universitat Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany.
- Author(s)Susen Faulhaber
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- Series TitleTopics in English Linguistics [TIEL]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 71
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 49 black & white tables, 39 schw.-w. Abb., 49 schw.-w. Tab.
- Weight685 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.