Vernacular Architecture and Regional Design: Cultural Process and Environmental Response by Kingston Heath (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.05+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable design requires that design practitioners respond to a particular set of social, cultural and environmental conditions. 'Vernacular Architecture and Regional Design' defines a set of strategies for understanding the complexities of a regional setting. Through a series of international case studies, it examines how architects and designers have applied a variety of tactics to achieve culturally and environmentally appropriate design solutions. * Shows that architecture and design are inextricably linked to social and environmental processes, and are t just technical or aesthetic exercises. * Articulates a variety of methods to realise goals of socially responsible and environmentally responsive design. * Calls for a principled approach to design in an effort to preserve fragile environments and forge sustainable best practice. 'Vernacular Architecture and Regional Design' will appeal to educators and professional practitioners in the fields of architecture, heritage conservation and urban design. Dr. Kingston Wm. Heath is Professor and Director of the Historic Preservation Program at the University of Oregon. Previously he was Professor of Architecture at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte where he taught seminars on vernacular architecture and regional design theory. He holds graduate degrees from the University of Chicago and Brown University. In addition to numerous articles in scholarly journals, he is the author of Patina of Place, and winner of the Abbott Lowell Cummings Award from The Vernacular Architecture Forum for excellence in a scholarly work. He has earned an international reputation in the field of vernacular architecture and has directed field schools in Italy and Croatia.
- Author BiographyCurrently Professor of Architecture and Historic Preservation at the University of Oregon, USA, Kingston Wm. Heath Ph.D. has also worked in the fields of architectural history and building conservation, in consulting and surveying roles. He has written numerous research papers and has published seveal articles in publications such as Perspectives in Vernacular Architecture and Wiley's Encyclopedia of Architecture. His teaching specialities currently include the history of American and Modern architecture, and preservation.
- Author(s)Kingston Heath
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2007
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArchitectural Press
- Content NoteApprox. 140 illustrations (150 in full color)
- Weight426 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.