All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGit permits practically an infinite variety of methods for development and collaboration, but its flexibility also means that some users don't understand how to use it to best advantage. This book offers tutorials on ways to use it, as well as friendly yet rigorous advice to help you navigate Git's many functions. In step by step fashion, you'll learn how to track, branch, merge, and manage code revisions with Git. The second edition has been thoroughly revised, with extended coverage of the reflog and stash, tips for tree munging, and tips for using the Github repository. Learn how to use Git in several real-world development environments Gain insight into Git's common-use cases, initial tasks, and basic functions Understand how to use Git for both centralized and distributed version control Use Git to manage patches, diffs, merges, and conflicts Acquire advanced techniques such as rebasing, hooks, and ways to handle submodules (subprojects) Learn how to use Git with Subversion Git has earned the respect of developers around the world. Find out how you can benefit from this amazing tool with Version Control with Git.
- Author BiographyJon Loeliger is a freelance software engineer who contributes to Open Source projects such as Linux, U-Boot, and Git. He has given tutorial presentations on Git at many conferences including Linux World, and has written several papers on Git for Linux Magazine. In prior lives, Jon has spent a number of years developing highly optimizing compilers, router protocols, Linux porting, and the occasional game. Jon holds degrees in Computer Science from Purdue University. In his spare time, he is a home winemaker.
- Author(s)Jon Loeliger,Matthew McCullough
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication17/08/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.