Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis analysis of 20th-century imperialism takes early mountaineering beyond the realm of recreation. It sets Halford Mackinder's 1899 climb of Mt Kenya and Annie Smith Peck's 1908 ascent of Huascaran in Bolivia, and John Baptiste Noel's filming of the 1924 British attempt on Mt Everest in the larger historical context of American and British foreign policy in the era of neo-imperialism.
- Author BiographyReuben Ellis is an experienced mountaineer and professor of English at Prescott College in Prescott, Arizona. He is the editor of Stories and Stone: Writing the Anasazi Homeland and Beyond Borders: The Selected Essays of Mary Austin.
- Author(s)Reuben Ellis
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2002
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.