All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGroundbreaking and comprizing articles by expert contributors, this volume provides a comprehensive treatment of VLFSs and their relationship with the sea, marine habitats, the pollution of costal waters and tidal and natural current flow. It looks in-depth at: * VLFS and the colonization of ocean space with their appearance in the waters off developed coastal cities * wave properties, which is essential for estimating the loading on the VLFS as well as for modelling structure-fluid interactions * hydroelastic and structural analysis of VLFS at an overall level and the cell level * the analysis and design of breakwaters * simulation models to understand the actual flow of water through the VLFS and to determine the drift forces for the mooring systems * anti-corrosion and maintenance systems * new research and developments, with emphasis on the Mega-Float, a 1 km long floating test runway. Well-illustrated with photographs, drawings, equations for mathematical modelling and analysis and extensively referenced, Very Large Floating Structures is ideal for professionals, academics and students of civil and structural engineering.
- Author BiographyChien Ming Wang is a Professor of Civil Engineering and the Engineering Science Programme at the National University of Singapore. Eiichi Watanabe is a Professor Emeritus of Civil Engineering at Kyoto University, Japan. Tomoaki Utsunomiya is an Associate Professor of Civil and Earth Resources Engineering at Kyoto University, Japan.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleSpon Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note34 black & white tables, 50 black & white halftones, 115 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byC. M. Wang,E. Watanabe,T. Utsunomiya
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.